surface operator issue
Hey there, few days back I created a curl noise type pattern through surface operator (with follow and diverge of 45 degree rotation), but with the new update you have removed the main diverge and given divergence settings for all mode, which is great.

BUT the previous divergence setting was forcing all the particle to diverge constantly to degree specified which was kind of giving cool rotation effect, but now with the new settings its all gone...….as the global divergence setting is no more....

Cant you also keep the global divergence?

you can check the post on facebook tyflow group under the name nayan bodawala - july 25

thank you
Nayan Bodawala
Hi Nayan,

That's an interesting result you got...could you post the max file?

I removed the divergence setting because its functionality was a bit confusing, especially with certain parameters enabled. But it seems you were making good use of it regardless. Perhaps I will consider adding it back.
(08-14-2019, 05:22 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Hi Nayan,

That's an interesting result you got...could you post the max file?

I removed the divergence setting because its functionality was a bit confusing, especially with certain parameters enabled. But it seems you were making good use of it regardless. Perhaps I will consider adding it back.

Yes ofcourse, here it is, but it wont work at all with the new version of tyflow.

Attached Files
.max   Pattern_2020tyflow.max (Size: 980 KB / Downloads: 198)
Thanks for the example scene, I've reconsidered the removal of this mode and added it back in, under the name "steering", which is more akin to its behavior than the previous name "divergence". It will be in the next build.
Thank you