Voronoi cutting planes oriented to source particles
Hi,
would it be possible to use particles orientations (when using another flow as voronoi source) to orient the cutting planes?
Cutting planes in a Voronoi operation are formed between points in the point cloud....so it doesn't really make sense to orient them to particles because no single particle is assigned to a single cutting plane. The normal of each plane is the vector between two given particles....so the orientation of the planes is dependent on each pair of particle's position.

However, you can use the normal scale settings to bias this direction in a particular direction.
(11-21-2019, 11:31 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Cutting planes in a Voronoi operation are formed between points in the point cloud....so it doesn't really make sense to orient them to particles because no single particle is assigned to a single cutting plane. The normal of each plane is the vector between two given particles....so the orientation of the planes is dependent on each pair of particle's position.

However, you can use the normal scale settings to bias this direction in a particular direction.

Thanks, I wrongly thought that for each "point" there was a plane centered in a point, my bad.
This question sparked from a question in the fb page by an user, where he asked if there was a way to "chip" only the external parts of an object (e.g. an ice cube) keeping the core intect.
(12-05-2019, 10:12 AM)Zemmu Wrote: This question sparked from a question in the fb page by an user, where he asked if there was a way to "chip" only the external parts of an object (e.g. an ice cube) keeping the core intect.

I am fairly new to Tyflow but playing around, you might be able to use Voronoi + Particle Glue or PhyxGlue + Surface Test (and picking the object that's going to shave the ice)  - There is also the Shell option... but I am not sure if that will give a desired look.  I hope this gives you some more ideas to try out Smile