tyCache - Playback modes
Hi.

in tyCache, ability to specify end behavior:

- repeat first / last
- loop
- ping / pong

I know its possible to emulate this behavior with Retimer, but with retimer you have to chose between frames and speed. eg, if you want it to loop, then its very cumbersome to affect speed at the same timel.

Edit:
I found a crude workaround: Just copy and rename the numbering of each .tyc file according to how you want it played back Smile
I don't understand your problem with the retimer....it's very simple to use. If you want it to loop, set a first and last keyframe and in the graph editor set the out of range types of the curve to loop. Couldn't be simpler.
(01-20-2020, 05:07 PM)tyFlow Wrote: I don't understand your problem with the retimer....it's very simple to use. If you want it to loop, set a first and last keyframe and in the graph editor set the out of range types of the curve to loop. Couldn't be simpler.

Hi,

Example:

You have a watch with the minute arm made out of particles. They are animated so it takes eg. 250 frames for a complete revolution.

You want to animate this so that the minute arm rotates faster and faster and faster and faster. You need it to loop + adjust speed. Current solution only provides easy access to one of these, not both.

Solution 1:
Use the frame manipulation to make it loop, but then the speedup has to be keyframed. (You cant use out of range cycling any more -> a _lot_ of work and no flexibility)

Solution 2:
Use speed manipulation to speed it up, but then you have to actually simulate _all_ the revolutions before.

My Solution:
In my case i simulated 250 frames (the loop), copied the tyc files and renamed the numbering so that tyc001 > tyc251 etc. Ended up with 48000 files to get the necessary loops for my need.

Then i could use the speedup in the tycache to get the desired result.

Thanks for reply and an _insane_ piece of software!
I see, yes that's a more difficult edge case...where you want the frames to loop, but at a different speed. Now I understand your original request better and having the out-of-range setting within tyCache itself makes more sense Smile