Network install issue
This is almost certainly an issue with my own network setup rather than tyFlow but I wanted to flag it just in case.

I have the tyflow plugin on a NAS drive, with 6 machines pointing to it (2 workstation, 4 render slaves) through the plugin.ini. In the last few weeks, every one of these machines has had issues starting 3ds max, either as Deadline render slaves or for Distrubuted rendering. The two workstations freeze when Max starts up and the splash screen shows that it's when tyFlow is being loaded. I assumed it was a problem with too many machines accessing the plugin location simultaneously but the problem crops up even with just 1 workstation, albeit intermittently. It also hangs windows so badly that the only way to quit is to physically turn the machine off.

Like I said, I am 99% sure that this is problem with my own setup rather that tyFlow (I have gone back to manually installing it on each machine for now and it's all running smoothly) but I just wanted to flag it up in case it could be tyFlow specific, or in case someone else has the same problem.
No idea what the problem could be. Our 150 machines at MAKE all grab tyFlow from the same location on the network and we've never had any issues. Nobody else has reported this issue either, including several commercial renderfarms that support tyFlow.

Maybe it's an anti-virus thing? Some computer is locking the file during access and it's creating issues for the others?
(03-09-2020, 05:38 PM)tyFlow Wrote: No idea what the problem could be. Our 150 machines at MAKE all grab tyFlow from the same location on the network and we've never had any issues. Nobody else has reported this issue either, including several commercial renderfarms that support tyFlow.

Maybe it's an anti-virus thing? Some computer is locking the file during access and it's creating issues for the othe

I'm sure it's something incredibly stupid that I have/haven't done. I will investigate!