Corona Renderer - Triplanar Mapping Particles
I was reviewing the documentation and another post asking a similar question, and I just want to confirm that it's not possible to instance Corona Materials to particles and therefore local triplanar mapping is not possible (per particle)(?)

Please see the attached video for a detailed explanation (watch x1.25 - 1.5 speed).

Correct, there is no official Corona support. Triplanar maps will slide.
(03-15-2020, 05:52 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Correct, there is no official Corona support. Triplanar maps will slide.

I apologize, could you clarify, "triplanar maps will slide."(?)

Forunately, although Corona is not officially supported, it is working, albeit with some features missing.
What I mean is, Corona afaik will render particles as meshes, which means no local transform data will be sent to the triplanar map and therefore UVW coordinates will not be in particle space. So moving particles will slide through the projected UVWs.
(03-15-2020, 08:03 PM)tyFlow Wrote: What I mean is, Corona afaik will render particles as meshes, which means no local transform data will be sent to the triplanar map and therefore UVW coordinates will not be in particle space. So moving particles will slide through the projected UVWs.

Got it, yes that makes sense - thank you!

Is there a workaround for this, or perhaps we will just have to wait for an official implementation with support for Corona Renderer(?)
If you don't have too many particles, you can use the Export Particles operator to bake them down to individual objects. Other than that, bug the Corona devs to add support Smile