Surface test Volume inside gradient?
Hi all,
Sometimes I need to isolate my dynamics using the Surface test (Inside Volume)
For example, I would use a large cube and cover just the portion of area I wish to isolate an event.
The common issue I run into is that the isolated area abruptly stops its influence where the cube stops. (see image sample) 
https://pasteboard.co/JMJ02l5.png

So is there a way to control the STOP edges to make it gradually fade out its influence?
I tried Noise parameter but that doesn't help.
Thank you
I doubt it.

Surface tests are either false or true, and I can't think of a way to make them gradually affect the particles in separate event.
Do you want something like this (screenshot bellow)?

I did it in one event, and by using Decay on the wind force (so it gradually affect the particles (in the same event), and I added PhysX bind to particles, but with very low braking values.
There is probably couple more ways to do this, but I think they need to be in the same event , in order to gradiently affect them.

I've added 3DS Max file too.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   gradual_braking.zip (Size: 60.01 KB / Downloads: 127)
(02-04-2021, 03:55 AM)d4rk3lf Wrote: I doubt it.

Surface tests are either false or true, and I can't think of a way to make them gradually affect the particles in separate event.
Do you want something like this (screenshot bellow)?

I did it in one event, and by using Decay on the wind force (so it gradually affect the particles (in the same event), and I added PhysX bind to particles, but with very low braking values.
There is probably couple more ways to do this, but I think they need to be in the same event , in order to gradiently affect them.

I've added 3DS Max file too.

Yes exactly.
I've found that if I make an entire large object completely dynamic, and have a very small object hit into it, the entire object responds unrealistic. So I am always forced to isolate sections to get my desired results or add several test operators to fix it.

I thought it might be nice to limit the dynamic effect as the distance increases. (as it would in real life)
So yes, that's exactly what the effect I am going for.
I will try it out tonight.
Thanks a bunch!