tyFlow Forum
Chaos Cloud Instances - Printable Version

+- tyFlow Forum (https://forum.tyflow.com)
+-- Forum: tyFlow Discussion (https://forum.tyflow.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Bugs and Issues (https://forum.tyflow.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Chaos Cloud Instances (/thread-1938.html)

Chaos Cloud Instances - AndyMurdock - 09-08-2020

I'm curious about how render instances when used from the Mesh operator are sent up to chaos cloud. 
I'm creating a scene with a simple particle system of 128,000 geosphere shapes (low res) and attempting to send them to chaos cloud. 
When I cache the export I see a cache folder of 200 frames totaling 615mb for the data size, but when I send this animation to the chaos cloud, I watch the temp folder where the .vrscene is compiled and it balloons to a huge file size, I had it go over 6GB for just 50 frames before I stopped it. 
I thought that using VRay instance would reduce this files size to a manageable upload, but it seems that perhaps every single frame of particle is being meshed out and saved in the .vrscene. 
Also, I wonder I'm I doing it right. 
Andy

RE: Chaos Cloud Instances - tyFlow - 09-08-2020

I can't really speak to how Chaos Cloud works, or even how the .vrscene compilation process works.

If the filesize is ballooning then it seems like it is indeed converting everything to meshes.

Does Chaos Cloud require a .vrscene? You can't just send it a max file?

RE: Chaos Cloud Instances - AndyMurdock - 09-09-2020

(09-08-2020, 10:18 PM)tyFlow Wrote: I can't really speak to how Chaos Cloud works, or even how the .vrscene compilation process works.

If the filesize is ballooning then it seems like it is indeed converting everything to meshes.

Does Chaos Cloud require a .vrscene? You can't just send it a max file?

Chaos Cloud compiles a vrayscene file in a temp folder, when that is done you get a webpage that allows you to submit the scene for rendering. You can limit the amount of frames to render or change the resolution at that point. 

I have submitted the same issue to the chaos cloud team. 
Oddly on this same project I am sending to Chaos Cloud massive VrayFur objects that are rendering each hair as a little molecule on a human cell model. Those scenes are uploaded in an instant. So I guess they can create the fur object mesh at render time instead of uploading the fur mesh.  

Andy

RE: Chaos Cloud Instances - tyFlow - 09-09-2020

Yea it sounds like they're probably hard-coding certain object types as "instanceable", while ignoring the instancing capabilities of other object types. I mean, it makes sense I guess...how would it know what a tyFlow is.

Hopefully the Cloud team can implement something to get tyFlows working with their system.

RE: Chaos Cloud Instances - AndyMurdock - 09-09-2020

(09-09-2020, 05:57 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Yea it sounds like they're probably hard-coding certain object types as "instanceable", while ignoring the instancing capabilities of other object types. I mean, it makes sense I guess...how would it know what a tyFlow is.

Hopefully the Cloud team can implement something to get tyFlows working with their system.

I sure hope so, Chaos Cloud is a great tool when it works right. These big fur scenes are super easy to render out, almost faster to start rendering a frame than a local render, but sending up a simple instanced particle render sequence can take over an hour to upload. I'm sure it will be fixed. They seem very interested in making it work.

RE: Chaos Cloud Instances - AndyMurdock - 09-10-2020

Testing some different scenarios now:
I’m looking at the .vrscene file being created at export time in the temp folder

Particle system 20K parts with shape using low rez geosphere 80 faces, mesh set to instant: upload 100 frames = 658,334kb , compile time : 43secs
Particle system 20K parts with shape using low rez geosphere 80 faces, mesh set to triangle mesh: upload 100 frames = 658mb , compile time : 1min58sec

Particle system 20K parts with shape using triangle 1 face, mesh set to instant: upload 100 frames = 658,331kb , compile time : 42secs
Particle system 20K parts with shape using triangle 1 face, mesh set to triangle mesh: upload 100 frames = 658,331kb , compile time : 42secs

So, it looks like there is little difference in file size when the particle mesh changes from a triangle to geosphere. Seems like the bulk of the file size is from particle TMs and other data and not from the mesh. The compile time is much better using instanced particles.

So, my assumption was wrong.

The high count of a particle system is the upload bottleneck and NOT the face count of the particle or if it’s set to instance or triangle setting.

Andy