tyFlow Forum
Particles shape variations with tyParticleSkin - Printable Version

+- tyFlow Forum (https://forum.tyflow.com)
+-- Forum: tyFlow Discussion (https://forum.tyflow.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.tyflow.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Particles shape variations with tyParticleSkin (/thread-2198.html)

Particles shape variations with tyParticleSkin - ffantom - 02-04-2021

Hello there, I discovered TF few days ago and wanted to start by saying thank you to developers, it's simply a very cool tool, pleasant to work with.

As my screenshot - link below - will show, I have created a soft body simulation with one object (candle + the holder). This object has been fractured and simply using tyParticleSkin to generate the final mesh. My question:

Now, I want to introduce geometry variations of the candle. The wax could have different heights for example.
After manually created few mesh variations to produce these different wax heights, I would like to see them randomized from the emitter. 
What I tried:
- Create one by one differents tyParticleSkin but seems it's a very heavy process (and simply not working).
- Inside the tyActor, use tyProps which include the different waxes models but then don't know how to create the tyParticleSkin for all props (it means the simulation works well but it's only the fractured meshes).

Could you help me and indicate the right workflow? Thank you a lot!

Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/48e3aw6zshnt996/Screenshot%202021-02-04%20233038.png?dl=0

RE: Particles shape variations with tyParticleSkin - tyFlow - 02-05-2021

I don't see what the issue would be, setting up a couple candle variations and then procedurally skinning them with tyFlow and inserting them into your main flow as multiple separate actors...

RE: Particles shape variations with tyParticleSkin - ffantom - 02-05-2021

(02-05-2021, 03:46 AM)tyFlow Wrote: I don't see what the issue would be, setting up a couple candle variations and then procedurally skinning them with tyFlow and inserting them into your main flow as multiple separate actors...

Thank you, so then for each candles I would have:
- 1 base mesh for fracture
- 1 tyFlow system to configure fracturation of this specific mesh.
- 1 base mesh copy to add the tyParticleSkin on it.
- 1 tyActor to import the skinned mesh.

That's would be the way? 
I'm asking because, as example, maybe there are ways to fracture all candles in one step?

RE: Particles shape variations with tyParticleSkin - tyFlow - 02-05-2021

You could keep the fracture sim in a single flow...and separate your different fracture particles by export groups (Particle Groups operator).

So for example you might have:

1) 5 individual candle variation objects
2) A single flow which imports them all through individual Birth Objects operators, followed by Particle Groups operator which assign a different group to each import...then a single event all 5 of those Birth events are sent to, which does the fracturing.
3) A copy of each original candle object which tyParticleSkin gets applied to (referencing the single flow from step 2), each skin modifier filtering by the desired Export Group so it only imports the relevant particles
4) 5 tyActor helpers, each importing a single tyParticleSkin.
5) The final simulation flow, which imports those 5 tyActors to a single Actor operator, which randomizes their instantiation

It's difficult to think of an easy way to import 5 different rigs without requiring 5 different setups. At least in this version you don't need 5 tyFlows to do the fracturing. You only need 1.

If you literally just need to scale the height of the candle up and down, there are ways to do that without requiring the 5 rigs...but I'm assuming your variations won't be that simple.

RE: Particles shape variations with tyParticleSkin - ffantom - 02-18-2021

Perfect, I've done it like this: final render in attachment. Thank you for advices!

RE: Particles shape variations with tyParticleSkin - tyFlow - 02-18-2021

Great! I'm glad you found a workable solution Smile