tyFlow Forum
manually selecting particles to delete/modify - Printable Version

+- tyFlow Forum (https://forum.tyflow.com)
+-- Forum: tyFlow Discussion (https://forum.tyflow.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.tyflow.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: manually selecting particles to delete/modify (/thread-588.html)

manually selecting particles to delete/modify - super gnu - 05-09-2019

had a look in the help files but couldnt find an answer, how do i select particles in the viewport to delete or group ..?

RE: manually selecting particles to delete/modify - zesty - 05-09-2019

I dont think you can select individual particles unless its baked out and no longer a sim.

there is a delete operator you can use, but that will delete random particles unless you make a certain test for them. to add particles to a group or remove all particles I think you have to select the tyflow object

RE: manually selecting particles to delete/modify - super gnu - 05-09-2019

(05-09-2019, 12:49 PM)zesty Wrote: I dont think you can select individual particles unless its baked out and no longer a sim.

there is a delete operator you can use, but that will delete random particles unless you make a certain test for them. to add particles to a group or remove all particles I think you have to select the tyflow object

iirc you can select particles in pflow in the viewport, and delete/assign ids for use in the sim.. i would assume there would be equivalent functionality in tyflow...

extremely useful for art-directing purposes.

RE: manually selecting particles to delete/modify - tyFlow - 05-09-2019

There is no ability to select individual particles in the view, in tyFlow. You can view IDs using a Display Data operator, and filter by ID using a Property Test, among other things.

RE: manually selecting particles to delete/modify - super gnu - 05-09-2019

(05-09-2019, 02:16 PM)tyFlow Wrote: There is no ability to select individual particles in the view, in tyFlow. You can view IDs using a Display Data operator, and filter by ID using a Property Test, among other things.

oh thats a bit of a pain.     is there any possibility that a future update might introduce the possibility of selecting particles manually?    its a pretty nice tool when youve got an art director sitting over your shoulder "i dont like that one there  get rid of it"   your solution sounds doable but not very interactive.

RE: manually selecting particles to delete/modify - tyFlow - 05-10-2019

I didn't have any current plans to add that functionality...I never personally used it in pflow....maybe at some point in the future it could be added though.

RE: manually selecting particles to delete/modify - TMiller - 06-27-2019

Thanks for all you're doing Tyson. Just wanted to leave my vote on considering having this feature added.

RE: manually selecting particles to delete/modify - Hamid - 07-15-2020

I did use tyselect to select particles by mesh elements and then remove them with delete mesh modifier. It works for me because I want to select and remove particles that stock to the ground.