Possible to expose only selected events to modifiers?
I wonder if it is possible to apply modifiers (noise, turbosmooth etc) only to a selected event (or an export group)?

I know the "Enable particle interface" does something, because when it's enabled, modifiers stop working at all (does not matter if I set any groups or not), so something is working under the hood... but as the manual explains, this is only meant to select particles which are available to other plugins upon a query, and probably the fact that modifiers no longer work is just by accident?

I know that we can export selected events to separate TyCaches, but is there any other way?
If you want modifiers on your flow, you should not enable the particle interface. There is a limitation in max, that if an object is detected as a particle system, certain modifiers will become unavailable to it. That is the purpose of allowing the user to choose whether or not to enable the interface. Because when it is enabled, you will not be able to apply certain modifiers. And when it is disabled, you will not be able to use the tyFlow as a particle input to various 3rd party plugins that want particle inputs (PhoenixFD, FumeFX, etc).

There is no way to tell max to only apply a modifier to certain particles. However, you can differentiate the particles of your flow with particle groups, then create a second flow and import only the groups you want using Birth Flow/Flow Update, and then apply the modifiers to the second flow which only contains the particles you want modified.
These 2 sentences:

1. There is no way to tell max to only apply a modifier to certain particles. 

2. However, you can differentiate the particles of your flow with particle groups, then create a second flow and import only the groups you want using Birth Flow/Flow Update, and then apply the modifiers to the second flow which only contains the particles you want modified.

seem to contradict each other, and I'm very happy about that. Thanks!