Can't get motion blur on TySplines (VRay)!
Exclamation 
Hi,

I am unable to get 3d motion blur on Tysplines with Vray, scanline renderer however seems to confirm that there is velocity going on and regular image or object motion blur works.

I read that particles have to be Vray instances for Vray 3d motion blur to work, how can you enable Vray instances for Tysplines?

If you need to check this, please load one of the "splines" Example files and try rendering with motion blur.

Hope someone can help out thanks!
Unfortunately this is simply a current limitation of tyFlow. I hope to get all moblur issues worked out in the future, but I don't have an estimated timeline.

Some users have reported that exporting to XMesh will allow you to get motion blur. And It's also possible that if you set your VRay moblur interval to twice the duration it may work as well (ex: moblur duration of .25, interval to 0.5).
(11-04-2019, 08:13 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Unfortunately this is simply a current limitation of tyFlow. I hope to get all moblur issues worked out in the future, but I don't have an estimated timeline.

Some users have reported that exporting to XMesh will allow you to get motion blur. And It's also possible that if you set your VRay moblur interval to twice the duration it may work as well (ex: moblur duration of .25, interval to 0.5).

Thanks for the quick reply, I will try the interval first then look into Xmesh, hopefully one of those would work. 

I tried Alembic after meshing the splines but that didn't work out either, I find it difficult to understand why it wouldn't since the Velocity channels are already there and Mesher should in theory bake that velocity into the alembic. By the way Tmesher didn't work with Alembic for some reason so I used "Mesher" compound object.
I can confirm that Xmesh is the only caching that works currently for motion blur.

In terms of intervals it does not really work, it only produces some strange artifacted instances that look like "object motion blur" from scanline renderer and it does so only if you increase the samples but its unusable in any case.
You are probably busy but until you get to working out the issue of motion blur is it possible to to somehow "tell" the spline mesh tubes or instanced objects (i'm not sure if this should be done on particle level or modifier) to avoid changing topology? 

I think this may temporarily solve the motion blur problem. I understand that Tyflow right now is forcing the meshes on splines to follow the particles, for instance they spawn from the emitter and so the tubes need to be cut off at the spawn to look right this forces the mesh to change topology, but what if this is not a big issue and that we simply require an object to follow the generated spline (doesn't matter what happens before or after it reaches the said spline) the meshes for instance can spawn above the splines in negative space, similar to what happens to normal pathfollow objects before they reach the actual spline say at "-100 percent value". 

Just a thought if it is faster to implement as a workaround for now.

Thanks