Instaced geometry has no material inherited
Hi there,

it is probably my noobness, that is the real issue here and you guys know this on the spot, but this is the problem I am having:

I have several 3d-objects in my scene, which all have different vray-materials applied to them. In tyflow I am referencing these objects via a Shape-operator and although I checked the "Inherit from reference" option in the operator I cannot get the original materials rendered.

The geometry is rendering just fine, but with a weird yellow color.

What am I doing wrong? I used to do stuff in Particle Flow ages ago, but that is not helping me now a bit.

Please help!
Thanks!
You're rendering as instances?

You can use a Display Data operator to check that the materials are actually getting assigned to the particles...
(02-07-2020, 10:25 PM)tyFlow Wrote: You're rendering as instances?

You can use a Display Data operator to check that the materials are actually getting assigned to the particles...

Thank you so much for your reply! As it turned out, the particles were not receiving any material. The message read "mtl:[cache N/A]" and they were rendering with the 3ds max color from the tyflow-object.

It seems that the problem was, that I put a group of several mesh-objects into the Shape-node to be instanced as particles. It instanced the geo but did not find a material. I attached everything to one single mesh and render as "vray instances" and now everything works!

Thanks very much!