Is it possible to...
Question 
Hi All,

just got to say im loving tyFlow! 
Im just testing out a scene where ive got a cached animated character (1 mesh) falling and i want to break that up, when i put it as the Birth Shape, the animation no longer works and it just takes it from the first fram, is it possible to do this with an animated mesh??

thanks

Ian S.
Having particles with animated meshes is tricky, but it's do-able.

Try a shape operator and input your mesh as the reference node, and set your animation settings within the shape operator settings. Now, the different between shape operator and birth shape is that birth shape also assigned input object transforms to the particles, whereas the shape operator will place your mesh wherever the particle is.

So what you can do is also place your particle at the transform location of your animated object in the scene, then apply the shape operator with the animated object as the reference node and things should line up. You can place your particle at the transform of your objected object with a combination of Position Object (with your animated object as the input and mode set to 'pivot') and Rotation operator (rotation set to 'object align' and the animated object as the input). That will set the particle pos/rot to match the TM of your mesh, while the shape operator takes care of the animation.

Good luck!
(04-05-2019, 11:28 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Having particles with animated meshes is tricky, but it's do-able.

Try a shape operator and input your mesh as the reference node, and set your animation settings within the shape operator settings. Now, the different between shape operator and birth shape is that birth shape also assigned input object transforms to the particles, whereas the shape operator will place your mesh wherever the particle is.

So what you can do is also place your particle at the transform location of your animated object in the scene, then apply the shape operator with the animated object as the reference node and things should line up. You can place your particle at the transform of your objected object with a combination of Position Object (with your animated object as the input and mode set to 'pivot') and Rotation operator (rotation set to 'object align' and the animated object as the input). That will set the particle pos/rot to match the TM of your mesh, while the shape operator takes care of the animation.

Good luck!
Ok, so, i got the initial shape to animate as suggessted, all good so far, then when i went to play the sim, 2 particles appeared representing the animated mesh, 1 of them plays through the animation, the other stops animating after a few frames and goes into the fall and break animation. Ive attached the scene and point cache file, im still tinkering, but if anyone has time to check it out and see if they can sort this then please do give it a go! Smile 

Heres the Point Cache, this is only available to grab for 7 days, let me know if this expires ill re-up it, the max file is attached.
Download link
https://we.tl/t-VmHUx9Ax6q

1 file
Beast_pointcache.zip

Attached Files
.max   Beast_Destruction_01.max (Size: 3.89 MB / Downloads: 237)
(04-05-2019, 11:28 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Having particles with animated meshes is tricky, but it's do-able.

Good luck!

Hi,

I faced up with the same problem. I have animated object. When i added it to birth shape it's not animated anymore. 
I'm new in tyflow. Could you explain in more details please.

Appreciated for help

(01-26-2021, 05:40 PM)AlexPaklin Wrote:

Good luck!

I need a shaking ground, destruction by the growing flower.

I animated the destruction but tyFlow does not inherit the shaking of the reference box

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Add object bind operator, and pick your original box.
(04-07-2019, 08:42 PM)DigiNinja69 Wrote:

Good luck!
Ok, so, i got the initial shape to animate as suggessted, all good so far, then when i went to play the sim, 2 particles appeared representing the animated mesh, 1 of them plays through the animation, the other stops animating after a few frames and goes into the fall and break animation. Ive attached the scene and point cache file, im still tinkering, but if anyone has time to check it out and see if they can sort this then please do give it a go! Smile 

Heres the Point Cache, this is only available to grab for 7 days, let me know if this expires ill re-up it, the max file is attached.
Download link
https://we.tl/t-VmHUx9Ax6q

1 file
Beast_pointcache.zip

Did you solve?