corkcrew motion on indvidual particles
Hi Everyone, I'm sure there is an easy solution to this.

I'm looking to create a corkscrew motion for individual particles that are born off of a spline.

I'm assuming I would have to the point force somewhere in the flow.
I have tried using it but am not sure how to get the affect I'm looking for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

Is anyone able to offer any help on this?

I spelt corkscrew incorrectly in the title of the post ;-)

Maybe another way of describing this would help.
I'm looking to make individual streams of particles have spiral trajectories.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
If you want a static solution you could animate an object moving in that way and then import the object as a tyActor and instance them at each particle location, syncing their actor animation with their birth, or whenever you need to trigger the motion.

If you want a dynamic solution, spiral trajectories can be achieved by combining the current velocity with its cross product relative to some frame of reference, like world-up ([0,0,1]).

Attached is an example scene showing the latter solution.

Attached Files
.max   spiral.max (Size: 728 KB / Downloads: 171)
(06-20-2020, 03:08 AM)tyFlow Wrote: If you want a static solution you could animate an object moving in that way and then import the object as a tyActor and instance them at each particle location, syncing their actor animation with their birth, or whenever you need to trigger the motion.

If you want a dynamic solution, spiral trajectories can be achieved by combining the current velocity with its cross product relative to some frame of reference, like world-up ([0,0,1]).

Hi Tyson,

Thanks for the reply and information.

The tyflow example that you posted was made with tyFlow v0.16090 and it crashes max with v0.16089.

Is it possible to get a version of the file for v0.16089 ?

It works on '86  Big Grin

Here you are:

Attached Files
.rar   spiral.rar (Size: 33.18 KB / Downloads: 141)
(06-20-2020, 03:08 AM)tyFlow Wrote: If you want a static solution you could animate an object moving in that way and then import the object as a tyActor and instance them at each particle location, syncing their actor animation with their birth, or whenever you need to trigger the motion.

great and nice,thanx for the file!