CUDA crash
Hello.
Thanks for the great update.
I'm trying to open a sample scene.
For example
tyFlow_cloth_CCCS_blobbyFill_001.max
It seems to work well at first, but it crashes in the middle.
I'm using the version I downloaded today, TYflow.
Best regards. Smile

The error message is as follows

tyFlow001: [frames: 0-0 (1 steps)] [particles: (live: 23058 | pool: 549 | allocated: 100000)] Time: [startSim: 0.017s] [stepSim: 0.263s] [physics: 0s] [buildMesh: 0.01141s]
tyFlow001: CUDA crashed.
    CUDA crash info: [code: 14 | file: tfMatrix.cu | line: 186].

PCspec
cpu:ryzen7 3700 gpu:2070super
3dsmax2017 english
Yep, this is a known issue and the fix is in progress.
I installed the new cuda update and it solved the problem. Thank you very much.
Hi Tyson,
I have a similar problem with a very simple setup. i.e. a simple plane with a cloth bind and a collision with a sphere.
Everything works fine but when I turn on self-collisions in the CUDA collision solver I get a "CUDA crashed (error: -100|code:98). CUDA solvers are disabled"
I do have the latest version of the CUDA11 dlls and the latest version of tyflow (v0.16123). I also tried to install the latest version of the CUDA development Kit just in case but CUDA still crashes.

Any Idea what could be causing the crash?

Best,
Julien

PC Spec
cpu: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2687W v3  gpu: Nvidia Quadro K6000
Windows 10 Pro
3dsmax 2020.3
Error 98 is "invalid device function", which is a somewhat mysterious error but likely caused by the card being too old, even though in theory it should be able to support CUDA 11...tough to diagnose since I don't have a card that old to test.
(07-07-2021, 03:42 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Error 98 is "invalid device function", which is a somewhat mysterious error but likely caused by the card being too old, even though in theory it should be able to support CUDA 11...tough to diagnose since I don't have a card that old to test.

Thanks for the reply. The funny thing is that it used to work on version 0.16110 of tyflow which is the last time I had tested it when you released the CUDA11 dlls. My hardware has not changed since.
Hmm that's odd. Unfortunately I don't have access to any K6000s to test. You could try enabling compatibility mode in the tyFlow GPU settings and see if that helps.
(07-07-2021, 03:31 AM)Julienm3d Wrote: Hi Tyson,
I have a similar problem with a very simple setup. i.e. a simple plane with a cloth bind and a collision with a sphere.
Everything works fine but when I turn on self-collisions in the CUDA collision solver I get a "CUDA crashed (error: -100|code:98). CUDA solvers are disabled"
I do have the latest version of the CUDA11 dlls and the latest version of tyflow (v0.16123). I also tried to install the latest version of the CUDA development Kit just in case but CUDA still crashes.

Any Idea what could be causing the crash?

Best,
Julien

PC Spec
cpu: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2687W v3  gpu: Nvidia Quadro K6000
Windows 10 Pro
3dsmax 2020.3

Hi, Did you find a solution to this? I have the exact same problem but also an even older graphics card. Cuda doesn't work when I turn on self collision using the latest buil.
tyFlow's CUDA functionality is only available to newer cards (around 7 years old or newer). I wish I could provide a concise list of supported cards, but unfortunately some older cards that "support" the required drivers still crash when the actual CUDA functions are called, so I have no way of telling whether or not an older card will actually run the required functions. So, if you have an older card, the only way to find out if it'll work with the cloth collision solver is to try it out.
(07-29-2021, 07:06 AM)tyFlow Wrote: tyFlow's CUDA functionality is only available to newer cards (around 7 years old or newer). I wish I could provide a concise list of supported cards, but unfortunately some older cards that "support" the required drivers still crash when the actual CUDA functions are called, so I have no way of telling whether or not an older card will actually run the required functions. So, if you have an older card, the only way to find out if it'll work with the cloth collision solver is to try it out.

Thanks, I suspected as much - my card is listed as functional but it's really old so I understand. Might have to go shopping for some better stuff.