Selection of "inverse" particles from a test
Hi there,

i've got a simple test-setup:

In my first event there is a birth object (box), a voronoi fracture operator and an object test with a sphere moving around a spline.
My 2nd event contains a force operator to move the true tested objects along Z+. This works fine so far and the fracture objects move upwards  where the sphere is.

Now what i try to figure out is to select the other, false tested particles in order to use a sendOut Operator for further events.
So i put the sendOut after the object test to select these particles... but it doesn`t work and cancels the objectTest event.
I always thought the false tested particles are being seperated from the true ones - or not??

Pls. see the screenshot of the described setup.

Hoping for help, tia Heart
Best,
Saschi

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'm not sure I understand the problem. If you attach the scene file I can look further into it.
(10-15-2020, 05:24 AM)tyFlow Wrote: I'm not sure I understand the problem. If you attach the scene file I can look further into it.

Thx for reply, pls. scene attached Smile What did i wrong? Maybe i didn't understand some root things Sad

Attached Files
.max   test_Vfracture.max (Size: 2.24 MB / Downloads: 178)
The screenshot you attached looks to me like it should work.
Are you saying that you don't see "unselected" particles transfered in event 5?
They remain in event 4?
What is the send out operator (in event 4) set in timing parameters?
If it's "on event entry", have you tried changing it to continuous?
All particles in event005 seem to overwrite the particles in event003... (?) And there's no difference changing the timing to continuous, but you're right - it should be continuous! Pls. take a look at the att. scene above.
Thanks a lot for help - this issue driving me mad ;-)
(10-15-2020, 11:50 AM)Saschi Wrote: All particles in event005 seem to overwrite the particles in event003...  (?) 

Isn't that suppose to happen? Smile 
They should "overwrite" it, or better say, the particles from event 3 go to event 5, and they SHOULD go there (from the screenshot you shared). 
If you don't want them in event 5, then why you send them out to event 5? 
I probably didn't understand something. 

Btw, I can't see scene, as I am using 3DS Max 2018, and it's saved in newer version.
(10-15-2020, 01:08 PM)d4rk3lf Wrote:
(10-15-2020, 11:50 AM)Saschi Wrote: All particles in event005 seem to overwrite the particles in event003...  (?) 

Isn't that suppose to happen? Smile 
They should "overwrite" it, or better say, the particles from event 3 go to event 5, and they SHOULD go there (from the screenshot you shared). 
If you don't want them in event 5, then why you send them out to event 5? 
I probably didn't understand something. 

Btw, I can't see scene, as I am using 3DS Max 2018, and it's saved in newer version.

... my assumption how this setting have to work is that after a test (here objectTest with distance) the not true tested particles stay in their event waiting for the next order in the list. Here in my case follows the "sendOutOp" meaning all left particles (false tested) have to go in event005. The true tested ones move to event003 before.
Maybe i have a big misunderstandment how tyflow works Huh  I didn't find any "false" flag, so i thought Tyflow behaves like i described above Blush

Attached Files
.max   test_Vfracture_2018.max (Size: 2.25 MB / Downloads: 165)
Ahhh...
I see now what you want, and where the problem is. Smile

I think you understood pretty well how things are working, you just missed some small part.
You see... after it's being tested in Event 3 (in first frame only), Tyflow doesn't know that it will be tested again, so except from tested particles, it drops them all down, and then, to the next event.
As powerful it is, Tyflow can't predict future, or know what particles might be tested in the future, so he dumb them all into the next event.

Lookj at the screenshot.... it's not workaround... it's just for explanation
You can test them again in event 5, and it will work.
However, it's pointless, because you can already do what you want with them in event 3 already (just bellow object test operator).

https://i.ibb.co/sVJ3hy1/Screen-01.jpg

Hope this helps.

Why don't you do "your stuff" with rest of the particles in event 3?
That seems moist logical to me.
Yessssssss, great explanation! Now it works as expected, hooray!
Thanks a lot for your input and help, very appreciated Heart 
Best wishes,
Saschi