Property test optimizations/improvements
(02-29-2020, 11:40 PM)tyFlow Wrote: I'm not sure how your first suggestion would work, unless I don't understand what you mean. If the Property Test is accumulating the values, then you'd need some kind of secondary test to check them, otherwise it's a chicken and egg scenario, where you're asking the Property Test to accumulate values, but also test those accumulated values, which would be a different test altogether (a custom float value check, rather than a neighbor test).

For 'nth particle' tests you can just use filters to reduce which particles are affected by the operator (namely the filter which tests a random value between 0-100...set your condition to 'less than' and the number you choose to test will be equivalent to the percentage of particles that will be filtered through).

Ah sorry if i wasn't clear. On the first request, the property test isn't checking against itself, the value is being saved for use with a mapping operator later on in a different flow. I wanted the property test to accumulate the values, but also at the same time output a true/false output that could be linked to another flow. Right now in my flow i need 2 property test operators with the same test settings, one to accumulate the values, and a second one outputting a true/false signal that sends the particles to another flow. Since the settings are exactly the same aside from the test result action, i was hoping they could be combined into one so the system isn't doing unnecessary steps during calculation, as doing it with several million particles takes a long time.

I will also look into the filters section. I haven't really used it much yet, thanks! Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Property test optimizations/improvements - by shadowkiller - 03-07-2020, 03:11 PM