Idea: Ocean surface operator
Hi!

Just an idea, but I think it would be very cool if tyFlow would have an operator which could apply ocean like patterns and movement behaviour to particles (f.e. using Tessendorf algorithms like this free plugin does: https://github.com/Perpixel/HOT4MAX/releases (even code is open source)).

With tyParticleskin you could then deform a plane with that particles (so it would be cool to use tyCaches with tyParticleSkin too).

The clue is with tyFlow you can easily test those particles against ship bodys or cliffs (colission, object test, surface test) ... etc. You coud spawn splashes or foam particles by testing particles of the ocean against some conditions (properties) or let break the waves. I imagine a bunch of super cool effects which could be achieved with such an operator.

I allready made a quick test (see below) using this plugin and recorded a tyCache from particles bound to that ocean surface.
In step 2 i applied the particles to a plane without that modifier via tyParticleSkin and the result looks great.
Unforunately tyParticleSkin doesn't work with tyCache so I had to re-input the recorded flow to a new tyFlow with BirthFlow and FlowUpdate, which is horribly slow, but I hope direct support of tyCache in tyParticleSkin is comming soon.
It would be so nice if tyFlow would have such ocean surface creating allgorithms natively implemented to create dynamic ocean surface particle patterns whose particles can be combined with all of the other mighty tyFlow tools and operators.

Thanks in advance!

Messages In This Thread
Idea: Ocean surface operator - by TubeSmokeGuy - 05-18-2020, 11:06 AM
RE: Idea: Ocean surface operator - by tyFlow - 05-19-2020, 02:59 AM