Cloth and spline geo in tyCache to inherit groups
(09-30-2019, 03:18 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Groups only apply to particles. Cloth meshes, spline meshes, actor skinned geo meshes, etc, are regular max meshes and not particles, and thus do not have group assignments, nor can they receive them.

Dang...regular max meshes, those old things....Smile
Alright, than I gotta work around this differently somehow...
Still struggling with material assignments in some of my flows, especially when I have input meshes with variable face MatIds and when materials are changing throughout the flow.

Lets say I have a flow birthing a simple mesh, consisting of two spheres attached together and which have assigned two different Ids, with a Material assigned, lets call it MultiSub A.
Then I send them out to another event, where every second particle is split up into a separate event.
In the respective new event I want to assigne new  MultiSub materials to them.
Since each of them are spawned from the same mesh with multiple face MatIds, I can´t simply change mat Ids in the new events.
I could only add another shape op in the new events and have clones of the same mesh with different MatIds or different material assigned to them.
But that gets a bit tricky, when I reference VrayProxies or tyCaches in the shape op for the birth particles, where I can´t easily go in and change matIds in the mesh itself.

To be honest, I don´t quite get, why the material op doesn´t work in that way, that I can simply assign a material to all particles and or meshes in an event.
It probably has to do with some internal mechanisms I don´t understand, but if thats not the case, having a more simplified way of assigning materials definitely goes up into my top 10 wishlist...Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cloth and spline geo in tyCache to inherit groups - by insertmesh - 09-30-2019, 06:57 PM