Property test optimizations/improvements
Hey,

I am using the property test a decent amount to accumulate neighbor particles and add them up over time. This works great however whenever i use the option to accumulate the values, the property test can no longer send out to the next event. I need to add a second neighbor test for the command to send the event to the next flow. As you can imagine, when the property test is being run on several million particles it can get very slow, so adding a second property test to each flow just to send it out just makes it even slower. Would you be able to add the option to accumulate and send out from the same property test operator? This way it only has to do the calculations on one property test operator to speed things up.

Other things that might help speed up certain test actions is if we had a maximum value so i can clamp the results of the test. Also, an Nth particle option in the test particle section, this should help reduce the amount of tests required for massive scenes.

Another improvement that could be done for the neighbors test is to also test the distance to the neighbor and also a weight to each particle based on the neighbor count and distance. (output that weight as either an absolute value or accumulated over time.) The equation krakatoa magma uses for this is Weight = 1 - (distance/radius) ^ falloffpower. The falloff power controls the curve on the weight.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Property test optimizations/improvements - by shadowkiller - 02-27-2020, 11:25 AM