tySpline export line
HI,Tyson!
  As shown in the figure: "PF_Spliner_v4.2.1" can export PFLOW particles as lines, and the lines are animated and can be used by other users of MAX without any tools.
In actual projects, I often do a smearing, but I am not responsible for rendering, but the scene is packaged to the rendering colleague. The rendering colleague does not install a plugin, this time I need to drag these The tail of the line is exported. Like the line exported by PF_Spliner_v4.2.1, it can be recognized by MAX by default, without any plug-in tools.
Of course, you can use ABC and VRMESH or XMESH formats or tools. But I still hope to have such a convenient function.
         thank you very much!
Hi cgdvs,

Unfortunately max doesn't allow knots to be added or removed in an editable spline over time, only moved. This is a severe limitation that prevents baking spline data straight into an editable mesh for a lot of applications. If I remember correctly, the PFSpliner just animates knots into the same position instead of adding/deleting them, which is good for very basic setups but not useful in many cases. Perhaps one day I will allow users to export splines in a similar manner, but it has very limited application in my view.
Ok, I seem to understand. Thank you for your answer.
Perhaps in the future the PFSpliner script could be modified to accept tyFlow input, once I complete the tyFlow maxscript access function.
Thank you very much for your dedication and hard work. We can wait slowly and look forward to it.