Rotation operator problems
hi,i am testing rotation operator. it seems the value is not in degrees. when i put 90 it will rotate way more than it should be.
another problem when i using "object align" with animated object. i cannot get correct offset animation.
i tried time settingĀ using "event age","on event entry(interval)","Continues", all didn't work.
but if i just animate rotation operator value the animation offset correctly.
Hmm, the rotation value is in degrees so if you're seeing different results, you could send the file to support@tyflow.com. Same goes for object align....if the alignment isn't updating properly, send me the file please Smile
ok this is the file

.max   tyflow_RotationOp_problems.max (Size: 668 KB / Downloads: 221)
Hi,

I tested your file and everything seems to be working as expected.

"Object Align" aligns the particle transforms to the teapot's transform. However, you had some extra rotation values in the spinners, which add extra offset. If you set the spinners to [0,0,0] you can see the boxes become perfectly aligned (you can add a "Display Data" operator to the event, and select "TM" to view a TM axis in the viewport showing particle transforms).

The spinners themselves seem to work fine too. For example, I put a rotation operator in the first event, and changed the X spinner to 90, and the particles rotated 90 degrees along the X axis.

So I'm not sure if I understand the issue you're having.

It's worth noting that Timing: event age or whatever just controls when the rotation operator will be activated for each particle. It doesn't control keyframe offsets. So particles with a rotation operator in the 2nd event set to "event age" won't repeat the teapot animation from frame 0, but instead will align perfect to the teapot's orientation at the frame they enter the event based on the offset of the range spinner (default is 0-1000, so particles with an event age of 0-1000 will be affected by the rotation operator).

Adding keyframe offsets (similar to pflow) for the rotation operator is on the todo list. For now, you can try to use the interpolation spinner in the rotation operator to smoothly interpolate to the new rotation.