Spawn multiplier on export?
hey, 
So continuing R&D for my spacenebula and testing how many particles I need/my system can handle, i noticed a problem:

For a simple flow, where the maximum number of particles is defined only by the birth op, I can simply use a multiplier on export to get a denser particle cloud.

But what about secondary particle generators like spawn (by travel)? Is the only way right now to up those generated particles by multiplying all of these manually before exporting, and then setting them back afterwards (to not accidentally crash the system later)?

Or would it be better to solve this through upressing with a second flow? I´ve been looking at the upres demoscene and although that is using birth voxels (which I´m not using in my Flow), it seems like that might be a way to do it. where I could even filter out which events to upres, if I don´t wanna upres the whole flow.
Yea, for operators that don't birth a consistent amount of particles you'll just have to adjust to your needs on export. There's not really a general way to increase particle counts universally across all operators that potentially birth particles without it drastically changing the behavior of the flow and thus defeating the purpose of the increase.
(09-11-2019, 02:21 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Yea, for operators that don't birth a consistent amount of particles you'll just have to adjust to your needs on export. There's not really a general way to increase particle counts universally across all operators that potentially birth particles without it drastically changing the behavior of the flow and thus defeating the purpose of the increase.

Yeah, I also just tried that and it didn´t really look good. Multiplying spawn by travel just gives a more line-like look...Smile

I´m gonna try the upres approach next, will be a bit off guess work, since its not basd on voxel size, but might work.
I know Phoenix FD also has a global count multiplier, not sure how well this works with tyFlow PRT sequence, but that might even save me the upressing with tyFlow.