Turbosmooth OK on Tyflow, not OK on TyCache
I'm on v.16045.
This is stated in the release notes of v.16044:
"fixed an issue where applying a Meshsmooth/Turbosmooth to a tyFlow or tyCache would take an extremely long time to calculate"
However, applying Turbosmooth to a TyCache is still a problem - takes as much as 20-30 seconds per frame, while the same sim as a TyFLow (before export) takes only a second or two to turbosmooth.
This is with about 300 mesh elements (probably about 20K triangles total), which is the first stage of my sim. 
In stage 2, when it gets to several thousand chunks, Max simply hangs upon aplying TS to the TyCache and never wakes up. Does not crash though Wink.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It will be fixed in the next build.
Unfortunately the latest version (v0.16046) does not turbosmooth the TyCache at all. The cache object disappears upon applying ts. Disabling the modifier brings it back.
You have GPU instancing enabled in the tyCache. That needs to be disabled for any modifiers to work. This is stated in the docs...always good to check there first if you're having an issue. Smile
(09-16-2019, 02:36 PM)tyFlow Wrote: You have GPU instancing enabled in the tyCache. That needs to be disabled for any modifiers to work. This is stated in the docs...always good to check there first if you're having an issue. Smile

OMG you are right... I forgot to set it off. I've done it previously, but of course not this time Wink. So many things to remember. Will check how it works tomorrow.
OK I checked:
1. The TyCache is as fast as the TyFlow to turbosmooth right now.
2. However there is a problem with network rendering (backburner) rendering:
- the TyCache does not render over network when turbosmooth is on. It does render with ts on my workstation.
- the paths are OK cause the cache does render 100% over the network if ts is disabled.
- the Tyflow itself does render with ts over the network.
Try Meshsmooth instead of turbosmooth and see if it renders that way...
It turned out like this:
1. To render any modifiers on top of the TyCache on my workstation it was enough to turn off tyCache/Display/Acceleration/Use GPU instancing.
2. However to render with modifiers over the network using backburner I also had to switch tyCache/Render/Vray Instances => Meshes.
I'm on Vray 3.7.
Is that intended?
Oh, yes VRay Instances do not support modifiers. It shouldn't be possible to render as instances with modifiers locally either....bit weird that you had that working, perhaps max was rendering a cached viewport mesh.