Flow Update Operator
Who used Flow Update Operator plese help to understand.
 I create 2 flows, each one of them have 1 particle, and the second flow particle have spin on it. 
And i want get the spin from second flow particle to the first flow particle using Flow Update Operator.
I add Flow Update to the first flow, chose the second flow as a sourse flow and in Channels chose Spin. 
And the particle in first flow is deleted (because in Settings the Delete if not found option is ON). 
What i  am doing wrong? Please explane) Big Grin
Flow Update is meant to be used in combination with Birth Flow. It tracks IDs assigned from Birth Flow to know which particle is which. Perhaps in the future I can add a setting to match default IDs so you could achieve what you want (using Flow Update without emitting the particle using Birth Flow), however for now you'll need to birth that second particle with a Birth Flow.

You could also just keep everything in the same flow, and set the spin particle as the target of another particle, then use the Custom Properties operator to copy the spin value to the particle from its target. No need for a second flow.
(09-16-2019, 05:33 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Flow Update is meant to be used in combination with Birth Flow. It tracks IDs assigned from Birth Flow to know which particle is which. Perhaps in the future I can add a setting to match default IDs so you could achieve what you want (using Flow Update without emitting the particle using Birth Flow), however for now you'll need to birth that second particle with a Birth Flow.

You could also just keep everything in the same flow, and set the spin particle as the target of another particle, then use the Custom Properties operator to copy the spin value to the particle from its target. No need for a second flow.
Thank you, I understand. Please specify this in the documentation, because I think many will not understand how to act. (I mean use only Birth Flow)
And I know about set one particle as target of another in the same flow. I just test Flow Update and don't need this) Just only want understand how it work on this spin particle example.