Export Particles_Object export - NO Rotations
Hello,
I may have found a bug.....When exporting particles, export type 'objects' and choose "animate transforms", it does not seem to be exporting the rotational data.  It does apply keyframes but they are all the same on every frame.  I've been through hours of testing different scenarios and setups, but nothing I do gets the rotation on the exported particles?  any thoughts?
I am using an animated object as my shape in the flow, if that makes any difference -- I've also tried using an actor, still no rotations.

Thank you very much!
-chris
(09-18-2019, 11:49 PM)Artmunkee07 Wrote: Hello,
I may have found a bug.....When exporting particles, export type 'objects' and choose "animate transforms", it does not seem to be exporting the rotational data.  It does apply keyframes but they are all the same on every frame.  I've been through hours of testing different scenarios and setups, but nothing I do gets the rotation on the exported particles?  any thoughts?
I am using an animated object as my shape in the flow, if that makes any difference -- I've also tried using an actor, still no rotations.

Thank you very much!
-chris

Just did a new test....took the animation off of the shape particle, and animated the rotation with tyflow.....it exports fine, with the rotations.  So, is there a way to use animated objects or actors and get the rotational data exported to objects?
Actors should transfer their animation fine, as the tyActor is importing and applying the object transform animation to the particles directly.

The Shape operator imports animation as deformations, and will not transfer any transform data to the particles, so that would explain why you weren't getting any.
(09-19-2019, 03:08 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Actors should transfer their animation fine, as the tyActor is importing and applying the object transform animation to the particles directly.

The Shape operator imports animation as deformations, and will not transfer any transform data to the particles, so that would explain why you weren't getting any.

Perfect, thank you very much for the explanation, that really helps.  I'll try the Actor setup again, maybe I missed something.
I really appreciate your quick response!