Initial State
I got geometry, i fill it with physX particles (100 frames) and I want to set it all as the initial position. How to do that? i dont want every time recalculate that time
That's what the Birth Flow operator is for.
(09-19-2019, 09:53 PM)tyFlow Wrote: That's what the Birth Flow operator is for.

I tried so but I really don’t understand - Birth Flow works on the basis of another flow (that is, if I disable the first flow then Birth Flow will not work)
The first flow simulation starts at frame 0 and on frame 100 I have a bunch of particles that I need as an initial state.
I create a second flow and using Birth Flow and set the Initial Reference Frame 100 and Particle Birth 0.
But what to do with the first flow? If I turn it off, then the second flow does not work - since there is no reference flow. If I don’t turn it off, then it also calculates all 100 frames.

In my opinion, Birth Flow does not create an Initial State, but calculates it based on another flow - and these are two different things.
Or I don’t understand something

If you want a disk-based initial state, you can tyCache out frame 100 of your first flow and then clamp the tyCache object range to 100-100 (so its frozen on the frame you want), then import the tyCache with a Birth Flow.

If you want a memory-based initial state, just do what you already did and just hide the first flow. It won't need to be recomputed until you either change one of its input objects or reload the max file.

In both scenarios, Birth Flow is the answer.
(09-20-2019, 03:31 AM)tyFlow Wrote: If you want a disk-based initial state, you can tyCache out frame 100 of your first flow and then clamp the tyCache object range to 100-100 (so its frozen on the frame you want), then import the tyCache with a Birth Flow.

If you want a memory-based initial state, just do what you already did and just hide the first flow. It won't need to be recomputed until you either change one of its input objects or reload the max file.

In both scenarios, Birth Flow is the answer.

I just wanted it like in the first version.

I wanted to learn how to act if I first achieve the desired result with different forces, events, manipulations, and then I just want to remember all this and use it as an Initial State

Therefore, tyCache in conjunction with Birth Flow is what I need - thanks for the help)