Ideas on achieving a certain look
https://www.behance.net/gallery/79768377/Tide

I was wondering if tyFlow is able to manage something like this. From first look, it seems to be really just simulation based, but I'll throw the question out in case anyone has any creative ideas on getting this in tyFlow.
That's a 2d fluid sim, possibly using a flip solver. Since tyFlow doesn't have a dedicated fluid simulator, you'll have to use something else.
Thanks for your insight! There's another thing that I want to report as well, but i hesitate in creating new thread for this so I'll just hijack my own haha.

Basically, tysplines are still quite buggy to use in my general opinion. I am trying to do a look that relies heavily on tysplines and i created quite a few of them (maybe up to 10 different tysplines).

The first issue i encounter is, if i try to create tysplines wrongly, max will just crash with the option to save. For example, the only way i know to reliably have it created is to use top view and create tysplines. If i tried to do one in perspective, there are chance of crashing. I am using beta 46, max 2019, vray 3.6 version.

Second issue, I cannot duplicate a tysplines by using duplicate function, also might crash.

Third issue, after crash, some tysplines become dummy, so they become totally useless and I have to create a substitute.

Fourth issue/suggestion, if it is possible, it would be nice to have the option to have random thickness of splines within the tyspline/splinemesher rollout option. Right now, the only way to achieve it is to multiply radius by length, but that provides little control. Perhaps I am not looking hard enough?

Fifth suggestion/question, am i able to export the splines as moving mesh? It's only available in tycache. It's totally ok if I can't though, it's something that would be nice to have.

Sixth suggestion/question, I am able to keyframe path follow operator parameters, but I am not sure if it's accessible using curve editor. (Edit: Ah, ok I managed to show it in curve editor)

Thanks for this tyspline feature, it's something that I love to play with.