Voronoi and how to get around fracrtures per frame
Hi,
I'm a new user and have gone through many of the youtube tutorials and am now trying some of my own work.
One thing I find is that almost all those tuts only deal with one object not compound objects like a wall and a set of pillars.
In my file I have a 25 story building I can fracture the walls and floors but the beams don't get fractured. I figured out why and it seems to be a flaw or my lack of knowledge in the workflow.
In the attached pic I have 3200 pillars just boxes meshed,
I noticed that I can't fracture all of the pillars unless I set Voronoi to 1500 fractures per frame which is way too high for my other birth objects.
I thought by volume setting should solve that but it's useless because it stills functions on the fractures per frame.
I wish that by volume would fracture each object and not be dependent on per frames or have a component that will allow me to sieve out those objects and apply more per frame fracturing without affecting my larger objects.
I'm used to dealing with lists where I  actually have access to each member not all members in one birth event why no list components to sieve out and work on groups of birth objects separately?
I'm confused why only one birth object and why no components to act on a list of birth objects this seems like a huge oversight.
There must be ways to do this sorry for my lack of experience.
Thanks for any and all help this program is amazing and I appreciate the developers hard work and for making this awesome pulgin available to us.
Image is attached
RM

I don't understand the problem. Why can't you just increase the max fractures per frame setting?
Hello 3dsyn!
In my understanding - the "max fractures per frame" does only affect the amount of operations per frame, it does not have anything to do with the size of the elements or anything else. So if you want to fracture all 3200 pillar elements at once you'll have to set it very high indeed, because the fractures are performed individually for each element.
The setting driving the amount of fractures per element is "points", and you can make it relative to the volume of each element (bounding box volume). However for finer control you should probably filter out the pillars to another Voronoi or a separate event (maybe using a separate birth event or groups) and work from there.
(09-23-2019, 07:46 AM)Elwood89 Wrote: Hello 3dsyn!
In my understanding - the "max fractures per frame" does only affect the amount of operations per frame, it does not have anything to do with the size of the elements or anything else. So if you want to fracture all 3200 pillar elements at once you'll have to set it very high indeed, because the fractures are performed individually for each element.
The setting driving the amount of fractures per element is "points", and you can make it relative to the volume of each element (bounding box volume). However for finer control you should probably filter out the pillars to another Voronoi or a separate event (maybe using a separate birth event or groups) and work from there.

I agree with this. Grouping the pillars into separate event groups or object groups within an event makes the most sense. Cuts down on resource usage imo.