Crash with TySelect with Particles
Bug 
I've tried a simple scene with TySelect and Particles. But every time Max 2020 crashes.

Steps:
- Build a Torus
- TyFlow with Birth, Position Object (with Torus as object), Random Rotation and Cube Shape
- Add TySelect to torus and change Gizmo in selection list to particles
- Add TyFlow to Particles list

Sometimes it crashed at this point, sometimes after I moved the timeslider.

I've attached the Max file and the minidump of the last crash. I hope this will help.

Attached Files
.max   TyFlow_TySelect_Particles.max (Size: 548 KB / Downloads: 194)
.zip   3dsmax_minidump.zip (Size: 1.31 MB / Downloads: 169)
You're creating an infinite evaluation loop.

You can't have a tySelect referencing the particles on your Torus if your particles are being generated on the Torus...because tyFlow can't import the Torus until its modifier stack has been evaluated, and its modifier stack is dependent on the tyFlow when you add it inside a tySelect.

Create a clone of your first Torus to use with tySelect. Technically it should be warning you when you create a loop like that instead of crashing...I'll look into that.
(10-11-2019, 06:46 PM)tyFlow Wrote: You're creating an infinite evaluation loop.

You can't have a tySelect referencing the particles on your Torus if your particles are being generated on the Torus...because tyFlow can't import the Torus until its modifier stack has been evaluated, and its modifier stack is dependent on the tyFlow when you add it inside a tySelect.

Create a clone of your first Torus to use with tySelect. Technically it should be warning you when you create a loop like that instead of crashing...I'll look into that.

Yes, that make sense. Thanks.