Simulating PhysX Objects Inside Each Other?
Hey all,

New here. Love the plugin. Question regarding physics simulations: I'm trying to spawn two objects inside of each other. But when I do that, they immediately entirely collide with each other and displace. How can I work around this?
PhysX hulls are all convex, so you can't have hulls inside of each other by default. However, there are workarounds you can try. Take a look at the winding chain example file.
Have you tried adding shell modifier on the objects, and/or in Physix mesh settings change from hull to mesh?
Hey, guys!

So, I'm having a larger overall problem. The actual scene is an arm exploding when it's hit with an object. I want the outside of it to explode away, reveal the inside, have that explode, etc. The problem is, as soon as objects are inside the arm, it just starts exploding. Setting it to mesh isn't usable since it seems to stop simulating physics at that point.

Any tips on how to move forward at this point?

Thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If I understand you: 

- I don't think you need PhysXcollision for particles themself (just add a box, and nothing else), particles should already collide to each other. 
- go to both system to PhysX shape bottom option, and check "ignore start penetrations"
- Select Tyflow, go to the modify panel, and under the physics, disable gravity, and, if you want, ground plane. 

... or maybe better approach would be: 

Just move your PhysX shape and collision to a new event, and on the first event place ordinary collision operator, and pick up the box, connect it to second event where you have PhysX
That way, Particles that is not touched by box, won't have any PhysX, and will be perfectly still.