Spawn Array
It would be nice to have a new node or additional options in the existing spawn operator to create new particles offset from the parent particle based on mathematical rules similar to the Array tool in Max. User can define count, spacing, etc for each axis, circular array based on radius and angle, blah blah.
I think that type of specificity may be a little too esoteric for the Spawn operator....the Script operator would be a better match. Scattering points in a circle can be done pretty easily with standard trig, so it wouldn't be difficult to get setup.

Here's a file for you to experiment with:

Attached Files
.max   array.max (Size: 716 KB / Downloads: 279)
I used to try to make this effect, creating a circle of particles around each parent particle, and finally did not succeed.
This is exactly what I want.
Can this effect be integrated into the "Spawn" operator?
(11-21-2019, 11:46 PM)tyFlow Wrote: I think that type of specificity may be a little too esoteric for the Spawn operator....the Script operator would be a better match. Scattering points in a circle can be done pretty easily with standard trig, so it wouldn't be difficult to get setup.

Here's a file for you to experiment with:

Tyson,

Thanks for the reply.  I understand the script operator can allow creation of such arrays.  For the average user having an integrated operator with an intuitive UI (something you are quite brilliant at) would be much more useful.  Being able to quickly create 2d or 3d arrays based on position, rotation and scale offsets with option to vary count, distance, angle etc per parent particle would be amazing.
Perhaps a dedicated array operator, that you could send spawned particle to, is better than an array integration into the Spawn operator itself. I just can't picture a way to do it without unnecessarily bloating the Spawn op UI, which is already pretty packed.