get and use a reference object axis to drive particle parameters.
Hi all.

First time poster but I've been playinf with TyFlow for a while now.

I am keen to use audio to drive some parameters in TyFlow, currently I have a cube that has it's z-position driven by an audio float. My question is, what's the best way, Ideally to get a float or integer from the cubes Z-Axis so I can affect things like particle speed or birth rate etc?

I currently have a little test where the TyIcon sits beneath this cube and "object tests" distance, so when the cube is greater than 30mm away the particles will spawn, however that's more of a "boolean" test, on or off.

I'm not sure if this is possible or not, but any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Please feel free to ask any questions and many thanks.
The way with the most flexibility would be to use a Script operator to read the object's position and apply it to any particle attribute you want.
(11-25-2019, 08:22 PM)tyFlow Wrote: The way with the most flexibility would be to use a Script operator to read the object's position and apply it to any particle attribute you want.

Many thanks for the quick reply.

I see and fear this means I'll need to know some C#?
(11-25-2019, 08:29 PM)CGough88 Wrote: I see and fear this means I'll need to know some C#?

Depend's on who you asking. 

Scripters will always say: "Naaah... it is very easy". 

For the rest of us, it is like this: Smile 

[Image: 277058_800.jpg]
Hi all, just wanted to reply to say thanks for the help. I actually did it a different, no doubt ineeficient and long winded way driving object positions with Audio Floats and then using those to drive particles.

I'll have to pull my finger out and look at the code method later or presumably find a much better way of doing it later on as I learn more.