tyConform freezes mesh animation
Hi Tyson,
I've attached a max file that contains an issue I've had with tyConform. I have a sheet animating over a path deform and am using a tyConform mod to help wrap the sheet around a nerve. It worked great for months, but I believe the latest updates may have created a bug. Now, the tyConform modifier will freeze the mesh in place and it will no longer animate over the path deform curve. You can see the effect by toggling the tyConform mod. 

I hope this is helpful, and is not just me being foolish! Thanks for all your hard work. 

Andy

Edit: I'm using 0.16061. I tried rolling back to 0.16059 with no success.

Alright, it looks like the culprit was a world space camera map modifier on the nerve geometry. At first glance, it still seems like it might be a bug?

Sorry - one more thought. It's possible that it wasn't one of the recent updates that broke it, as I've only introduced that world space camera map modifier I mentioned above relatively recently.

Attached Files
.max   tyconform_bug_01.max (Size: 1.89 MB / Downloads: 174)
Thanks for the scene Andy,

I've tracked down the issue and it appears to be a max bug. In code terms, max is not processing the validity interval argument properly in the post-WSM tm query function...the incorrect validity interval is causing max to believe that the modifier doesn't need to update over time, and thus your geo remains static because the stack evaluation procedure skips over it when the frame is changed.

The weird part is that the introduction of the line of code which causes the issue was many, many versions ago....far earlier than v0.16059.

Either way, the issue will be fixed in the next build. If you're on a time-sensitive project, email support@tyflow.com with your desired build version and I'll send you a fix.
Thanks so much for looking into this. I've got a workaround for the issue, so I'm set for now.