TyFlow particles as emitter for Phoenix
Can I use tyFlow particles directly as an emission source for Phoenix?

By 'directly' I mean from an active system without having to export or cache particles.

**This topic returns a lot of search results but none seem to have a comprehensive step by step guide on how to achieve this. Older threads are also often incorrect or have conflicting information.
Of course, just enable the particle interface on your tyFlow so that Phoenix knows to interpret it as a proper particle system.
When the interface is enabled Phoenix uses the whole system. I only want to use the particles from event 2 - for example when a particle hits the ground and breaks or spawns more particles. I don't want smoke on the falling particle, only when it hits the ground. At the moment the only way I can achieve this is by caching the system and culling via material ID. I have set the primary particle to matID 1 and the secondary particles to matID 2. I have not been able to get the groups to work.
You can use export groups in the Particle Groups operator to define which particles the interface will export. Enable/disable the groups you want in your events, then enable/disable those export groups in the interfaces rollout of your tyFlow.

For example, if you have Event001 and Event002 and only want Event001 to be exported by the interface, put a Particle Groups operator in both events, set both operators to change only the export groups value, enable group 'A' in Event001 and disable it in Event002, then in the interfaces rollout, select group A.
I still can't get it working. Could you please alter the linked file to demonstrate.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/52j4sg26oingma...7.max?dl=0
In the file you uploaded, you've enabled group "A" in the Particle Groups operator in both events...so all of your particles are still being exported. One of the operators needs it unchecked, so only the other event's particles will be exported..
the second event particle group A was set to 'remove' (at least I thought it was). I thought that was what you meant by disable them in the second event.

I updated TyFlow from 59 to 61 and set up a fresh flow today and it all works. I have live particles in the Phoenix grid and I can select which ones are accessible to Phoenix through the Interface and the particle group operator.

Thank you for taking the time to look at the file, I now have a good grasp on particle groups and exporting.
Oh whoops, I didn't notice you had set the mode to "remove" in the second event...that would be correct, yes.

Either way, glad it works!