Split Every 2
Hello, I'm trying to split every other particle that comes out of an emitter and I've noticed the split works differently to particle flow and not how I expect it to behave.

example 1 is particle flow.  Every other particle that is born is split off.

The tyflow examples show that if 2 or more particles are born in one frame it splits every other one but if only one is born in each frame it seems to split that one off and then the next frame it does the same again and splits off that one meaning all particles go to the split (green) event.

I guess there would be another way to achieve what I have in pflow but this is just how I would expect the split node to work.

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.max   Split Every 2.max (Size: 704 KB / Downloads: 169)
The every nth mode of the Split operator performs the modulus operation on the active particles in the event, which "restarts" each frame, as you see. In the next build I will add the option to perform the modulus on the birthID of particles instead, which should give you the result you want.
(12-13-2019, 11:49 PM)tyFlow Wrote: The every nth mode of the Split operator performs the modulus operation on the active particles in the event, which "restarts" each frame, as you see. In the next build I will add the option to perform the modulus on the birthID of particles instead, which should give you the result you want.

Great thanks!  Thanks again for tyflow.