simple rotator
Hey this seems like a simple thing to do but it eludes me, I want a force that will make a bunch of particles to simply rotate around a single axis, with out being drawn in, thrown out etc. Tyvortex would seem to be the logical choice but it seems to draw particles into itself or fling them outward chaotically. It seems like a dumb question but I'm not sure which is the simplest way to achieve this in tyflow.

Ultimately I want a cloud of particles attracted to, then rotating around, a loose spherical perimeter, from starting point origins within that sphere. Any ideas?
another question: when you convert mesh to cloth with the cloth bind, tyflow displays ticks on each of the mesh vertices in the display , this is really irritating and makes it hard to see how the mesh is performing, and also to do a preview render in hardware. Down the menue there is a display dialog, but it lists things to show, it seems to have no button for turning off those ticks. Can you turn them off?

also does the veroni fracture automatically place a shell-like thickness to a subdivided object when it fragments an object with no thickness, like a sheet or plane? Is there some button I can turn that off with?
1) Instead of vortex force, maybe you could just simply use path follow. Make particles follow the circle, and you will probably need slow operator bellow it. 
2) Just turn of the display, and the dots will disappear. You will still see yellow mesh of the cloth. 
3) Never noticed voronoi creates shell like surfaces. Actually, it works perfectly. If some (for example) box have a shell on it, then it will have shell, if it doesn't have shell, it will brake it regularly. Maybe you should check your mesh if it is closed completely.
(02-13-2020, 02:38 PM)d4rk3lf Wrote: 1) Instead of vortex force, maybe you could just simply use path follow. Make particles follow the circle, and you will probably need slow operator bellow it. 
2) Just turn of the display, and the dots will disappear. You will still see yellow mesh of the cloth. 
3) Never noticed voronoi creates shell like surfaces. Actually, it works perfectly. If some (for example) box have a shell on it, then it will have shell, if it doesn't have shell, it will brake it regularly. Maybe you should check your mesh if it is closed completely.

Thanks for your answers! The problem with path follow is that the particles are attracted to the path and you get a rotating ring, instead of a spherical field, of debris.

I'm not sure what is happening with the veroni fracture, but currently its creating 3D rubble out of 2D sheets, but I might be doing something dumb, very likely. I'll simplify the setup to one test object and see if it works. anyway, thanks
(02-16-2020, 10:33 PM)PeteC Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 02:38 PM)d4rk3lf Wrote: 1) Instead of vortex force, maybe you could just simply use path follow. Make particles follow the circle, and you will probably need slow operator bellow it. 

Thanks for your answers! The problem with path follow is that the particles are attracted to the path and you get a rotating ring, instead of a spherical field, of debris.

I'm not sure what is happening with the veroni fracture, but currently its creating 3D rubble out of 2D sheets, but I might be doing something dumb, very likely. I'll simplify the setup to one test object and see if it works. anyway, thanks

cap holes was on, it was creating mesh to patch the backs of the sheet fragments