does wobble operator ignore linked particle?
hi tyson,
i was testing wobble operator. following on the example all works fine.
then i was attempt to create leafs swaying and stick to the parent branch particles which also has wobble operator.
but it seems wobble not working when the leafs particle has "link to target" or "set target" operator on it.
is there any work around on this? in short i need wobble to be work on hierarchy manner. ie: particleA will follow particleB, particleB will follow particleC and so on (off course with wobble effect)... this will be great for secondary motion because of the chain reaction...
thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Don´t have time to experiment right now, sounds like a good idea though, so I´m following...Smile
The wobble operator does not currently evaluate in a hierarchy, and is only guaranteed to calculated 1 level deep.

If you need more levels of wobbling, I'd recommend switching to a PhysX workflow using weak/wobbly binds.
(02-18-2020, 09:32 AM)tyFlow Wrote: The wobble operator does not currently evaluate in a hierarchy, and is only guaranteed to calculated 1 level deep.

If you need more levels of wobbling, I'd recommend switching to a PhysX workflow using weak/wobbly binds.

Ah, I think you mentioned that before...
(02-18-2020, 09:32 AM)tyFlow Wrote: The wobble operator does not currently evaluate in a hierarchy, and is only guaranteed to calculated 1 level deep.

thanks for the feedback...
the reason i use wobble is because the speed performance. it is way faster compare to physX since i don't really need accurate collision for thousands leafs...
maybe you will consider this in the futures... Big Grin thanks again.