Vertex paint from particle position?
Question 
Hey.  

I'm not too experienced with Tyflow yet and was wondering if there is a way to do this?

Basically, I am making a window condensation flow, which is working great.  I have lots of little stationary particles and then larger particles that move down the glass collecting the smaller particles along the way.

I want to have my base glass material to be wet/hazy/frosted and then when my large particles travel over I want that glass to become clear.  I was thinking of doing this with a blend material, powered by a vertex colour map generated from tyflow, but I have no idea if this is even possible or how to do it?

Is there a way to paint vertex colour info into a surface based on tyflow interaction?

Any help would be awesome. Thanks
You can use a tySelect modifier to convert selections into vertex colors, and then use your flow particles to do the selection using tySelect's particle selection mode. Finally, turn on additive selections so that the history of selections is maintained over time (ie, the particles will leave a selection "trail" over time).

Then in your material you can blend with a Vertex Color map.
(02-26-2020, 03:45 PM)tyFlow Wrote: You can use a tySelect modifier to convert selections into vertex colors, and then use your flow particles to do the selection using tySelect's particle selection mode. Finally, turn on additive selections so that the history of selections is maintained over time (ie, the particles will leave a selection "trail" over time).

Then in  your material you can blend with a Vertex Color map.

Awesome!!  Thanks for getting back to me. I'll give it a go.
(02-26-2020, 10:44 PM)dantrodgers Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 03:45 PM)tyFlow Wrote: You can use a tySelect modifier to convert selections into vertex colors, and then use your flow particles to do the selection using tySelect's particle selection mode. Finally, turn on additive selections so that the history of selections is maintained over time (ie, the particles will leave a selection "trail" over time).

How did this work out for you?
I cant get my particles to paint into the vertex map it seems...
I copied the plane on which particles are generated and assignd tyselect, selected "assign to vertex color", put it into particle mode and selected the tyflow but nothing happens...
I would be grateful for any help!
(03-12-2021, 09:13 PM)Crco Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 10:44 PM)dantrodgers Wrote:

How did this work out for you?
I cant get my particles to paint into the vertex map it seems...
I copied the plane on which particles are generated and assignd tyselect, selected "assign to vertex color", put it into particle mode and selected the tyflow but nothing happens...
I would be grateful for any help!

I know this reply is late, but I figured it out (kinda). 
For me, I was unable to pick the tyFlow as a particle source.
First I had to export the particles in tyFlow. Then I created a tyCache with those particles. I used that as a particle source instead.

Make sure to check "Assign to vertex colors" and "Additive selections ENABLED" with "Auto update" if not already.

(Also for some reason, I can't see the material effect in viewport. Only in render)

Hope this helps

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)