space colonization too fast
Hi, how to increase the space colonization time without loosing the right shape covered?
As you can se in this scene (bottom you have a fb link and file scene in the comment), the tree has the right shape I wanted after several setting but!...grows too fast.
In the video I reduced the grow about 50% but using retimer in cache there are no substeps so the tree grows every 2 frames. Retiming flow not works with grows...or I miss something?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/22149062...816532073/
The SC algorithm just converts and deletes particles, it doesn't actually move particles, so if you slow the flow down, you're not going to get smoother interpolations.

You can either adjust your parameters, so that it grows slower without retiming the flow, or experiment with a more complex setup, where when a particle is converted, it saves its position with a Custom Properties operator, moves to its parent particle's location (with Set Target and Move to Target), then moves back to its saved position (with a Custom Properties operator). This would potentially allow you to slow down the flow afterwards and get nice interpolations, but would probably require a lot of experimentation to get nice results.
(02-29-2020, 11:03 PM)tyFlow Wrote: The SC algorithm just converts and deletes particles, it doesn't actually move particles, so if you slow the flow down, you're not going to get smoother interpolations.

You can either adjust your parameters, so that it grows slower without retiming the flow, or experiment with a more complex setup, where when a particle is converted, it saves its position with a Custom Properties operator, moves to its parent particle's location (with Set Target and Move to Target), then moves back to its saved position (with a Custom Properties operator). This would potentially allow you to slow down the flow afterwards and get nice interpolations, but would probably require a lot of experimentation to get nice results.

I'll try, thanks.