Emit one particle per Position object face?
Sorry if this question has been answered, I couldn't find it in the forum. Is there a way to emit one particle on a position Object's face? I am finding that Tyflow emits two points per face by default when "Face centers (in order)" is selected in the Location drop-down list of the Position Object Operator. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
All geometry in 3dsmax is composed of triangles. Quad faces are just 2 triangles with a hidden edge between then. Currently tyFlow only emits on triangles and doesn't account for quads specifically, hence you seeing 2 particles per quad. Eventually in the future I'll add quad processing, just haven't gotten to that yet.
Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Thank you for your reply. Quad processing in the future will be really helpful, but I can now make informed design decisions with this info.
Hi guys , jumping in here, cause question is very similar. What about Position Object Verts ? It creates multiple copies on each vert. It works like the polygons are not attached and each corner acts like 4 verts (if there is 4 polygons around) . Any way around this ?

Or how to scatter objects on a regular grid, without any randomness ?
Position Object doesn't birth any particles...it takes existing particles and scatters them. For example, if you birth 10000 particles and then use Position Object to scatter them on 20 vertices, you'll get 500 particles per vert.

If you just want 1 particle per element (vert, face, etc), use Birth Surface instead.
So if ill scatter 20 particles on 20 verts will that get me exactly 1 particles per vert ?

Ill try the Birth Surface as well.

Thanks