PhysX Fluid crashes
Hi All,

I will add mini-dump/scene if needed, but its happened a lot and easy to replicate.

Issue 1 - Crashes soon as PhyX Fluid is enables and theres interaction with PhoenixFd

Issue 2 - Soon as i enable 'Convex hull on PhysX Fluid' - it reaches interaction frame and freezes then crashes.

Issue 3 - Crashes on interaction between rag-doll actors and Phoenix fluid (not all the time but when tweaking values)

Its easy to create i have a simple scene, actor (skinned biped),walk into Phoenix tank 15% filled, turn to rag-doll, then fill tank (to make man float).

Also happens more on complex shots ofc.

tried same scenes on 3 different computers, same on each.

If i am persistent, it normally eventually works, just crash - reload, change values .... repeat until no hopefully no crash

Cheers
Terry
Well if it's crashing that frequently it's probably a version mismatch. Please make sure you have the latest PhoenixFD version installed.

Barring that, I'd need the minidump, yes.
(03-27-2020, 03:25 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Well if it's crashing that frequently it's probably a version mismatch. Please make sure you have the latest PhoenixFD version installed.

Barring that, I'd need the minidump, yes.

Hi Tyson,

Ok let me check everything is up-to date, is there any specific values or things i need to consider using PhynX fluid, as i am working on a more complex version of my street flooding, but its hard not to go 10mins without a crash (but only when PhysX Fluid is turned on).

the weird thing is sometimes when i play with values, ill hit on a setting that works, but its hit and miss.
Hi Tyson,

Ok so updated to latest Phoenix 4.10, latest Tyflow

tried a simple system with logging, works - deleted it, switched to my scene.

turned on all debug checkboxes... nothing no new logs file on C drive.

checked %temp%.. nothing

Tried the c:\forcelog.tyf.. nothing

Ill email scene to you, but i hit sim with Physx Fluid with ragdolls and it just bombs out,

Cheers
Terry
Quick update, seems changing state for actors whilst in the Phoenix fluid, causes it to crash.