Tyflow alembic mesh to maya
I have a problem with exporting mesh to maya. I Adding a Mesh Operator and Exporting praticle with alembic mesh checked. but when I import the .abc file in maya, its just a empty file.There are any way to do this ?
You're saying there's no data in the exported file (it's 0 bytes in size)? Or that maya isn't importing anything from it?
(03-28-2020, 07:49 PM)tyFlow Wrote: You're saying there's no data in the exported file (it's 0 bytes in size)? Or that maya isn't importing anything from it?

no. the file sizeĀ is 5GB file. I tried to import it in 3dsmax and it works, but the material ID doesnt
Both max and maya have broken alembic importers unfortunately. Their codebases have not been updated in years and rely on old exocortex implementations which are not up to date with the current alembic SDK.

If you use an alternative importer, like a VRay proxy node (which can load .abc files), it should load properly.
(03-29-2020, 06:15 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Both max and maya have broken alembic importers unfortunately. Their codebases have not been updated in years and rely on old exocortex implementations which are not up to date with the current alembic SDK.

If you use an alternative importer, like a VRay proxy node (which can load .abc files), it should load properly.

It's work with Vray Proxy but look like all the face are black, except the fragment color

(03-29-2020, 06:15 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Both max and maya have broken alembic importers unfortunately. Their codebases have not been updated in years and rely on old exocortex implementations which are not up to date with the current alembic SDK.

And its not animated when i import in Vray Proxy