Delete Operator
Ok, maybe im too overloaded with all those new cool features, maybe im too tired playing around with TyFlow all night or maybe im just dumb. How the hell does the Delete Operator work? Either it deletes nothing or everything. 
How do i set it up so my particles will be deleted after they are, lets say, 40 frames old? 
The docs are not that helpful in this case.
I'd say you add a TimeTest op to move particles to a new event by age and have the Delete operator in that new event
(04-05-2019, 09:58 AM)Heerockss Wrote: Ok, maybe im too overloaded with all those new cool features, maybe im too tired playing around with TyFlow all night or maybe im just dumb. How the hell does the Delete Operator work? Either it deletes nothing or everything. 
How do i set it up so my particles will be deleted after they are, lets say, 40 frames old? 

Should be pretty straight forward...Time test op and then wire tht to new event with delet op?
(04-05-2019, 10:26 AM)insertmesh Wrote:
(04-05-2019, 09:58 AM)Heerockss Wrote: Ok, maybe im too overloaded with all those new cool features, maybe im too tired playing around with TyFlow all night or maybe im just dumb. How the hell does the Delete Operator work? Either it deletes nothing or everything. 

Should be pretty straight forward...Time test op and then wire tht to new event with delet op?

That is one solution, but what about all the settings inside the Timing Rollout of the Delete Operator itself? I would like to know how to handle it inside the Operator.
You don't need the time test.

As the delete operator says in its rollout, just adjust its timing settings.

If you want it to delete particles that are 40 frames old in the event, just set timing to "Event Age" and set the "from" spinner to "40". The "to" spinner's default value is "1000", which is fine in your case. That means any particles whose event age is between 40 and 1000 will be deleted. Make sense? Smile
(04-05-2019, 11:23 PM)tyFlow Wrote: You don't need the time test.

As the delete operator says in its rollout, just adjust its timing settings.

If you want it to delete particles that are 40 frames old in the event, just set timing to "Event Age" and set the "from" spinner to "40". The "to" spinner's default value is "1000", which is fine in your case. That means any particles whose event age is between 40 and 1000 will be deleted. Make sense? Smile

Now it makes kind of sense but before it was really confusing. You should copy paste your text into the Delete Operator`s Doc ^^
Well, for me it's not confusing. It's basically the same thing as with PFlow, only here, Tyson added possibility to skip the time test operator.
You need to take into consideration particle life (or age).
If it's "frame" selected, it will just ignore particle age and delete particles according to exact frame.
If it's "particle age" selected, it will respect particle life age. So, if you type 70 for particle age, the particle born in 0 frame will die on 70 frame, and particle born on 70 frame will die on 140 frame.
If it's "event" selected, it will only look at the event where operator is, and will not care about anything else. If you type 70, every particle that comes into the event will live 70 frames.
Is it possible to delete only selected particles?