Position raycast operator | Ray per particle
Hi!

Actually in position raycast operator its just possible to cast rays from a tyIcon in an explicit direction.

I think it would be very cool if you can make, that you can cast one ray per each particle along its positive or negative local axis (X, Y or Z or a maybe a combination) against a specific geometry (as it allready is).

Additionally it would be very cool when you would add a "show rays" option to the position raycast operator like the "show bindings" option in the particle bind operator.

Greeting! Smile
Not sure I can envision a scenario where local axis raycasting would be necessary....especially because it would require first orienting the particles in a meaningful way to get a desired result. Would probably be less steps to just use the Script op to cast rays in your direction of choice against an object and move them that way...
Scenario could be any case where you have particles positioned on objects with surface alignment (meaningful orientation), spawn some childs and casting them continiously against one far arway static object and maybe some nearby moving objects inbetween. Now the particles will leave out the moving objects and with tySplines you can create lines between the childs / parents or between siblings to get nice lines.

And thats just one imagination. I belive there are many artists out there with great ideas to use the potential of this feature.