Link to Target
Hi,
How do I set the target particles "target" channel? So where do I set the channel where to link the target?  Huh Are there any tutorials on how to use Link to Target operator?
Quote:How do I set the target particles "target" channel?

With the Set Target operator, or Script operator.
Thanks! So just to be right if I have two different events (two different particles) I should put the "Set target" operator to the first one and "Link To Target" to the second one? And then set the channel name to same.  Sorry just bit unclear to me how to use it.  Confused
Things might become clearer if you look at the official example scenes...plenty of set target examples.
Here is the more simplified sample of what I´m trying to achieve:
I have a weather balloon raising (float) and dragging a riggid part behind it. Also to that riggid part I need to attach a string (cloth bind) and to that string a device. So far I´ve managed to do all this with particle binds but it´s really heavy and I do get problematic situations specially when I have lots of wind indroduced to the scene. (particles tend to bind somewhere I don´t want them to.

Screenshots here illustrate my efforts to get "link to target" working unsuccesfully Big Grin

This what I´m trying to do more simple way than particle binding all together

(04-15-2020, 06:22 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Things might become clearer if you look at the official example scenes...plenty of set target examples.

Thanks! I´ll check them again. Could you point to any specific?  Smile 

Thank you again! TyFlow is the best thing happened to 3dsmax for long time!
Ok, now I got it working. Just did it similar way to balloon sample. With tyactor and simulation groups. Thanks for pointing out the sample files! :Smile
Works perfectly, thanks!