Caching Issues
I have a piece of animated geometry and I am emitting particles via a position object. This is an XMESH object of a hand and wrist forming. I am using the proxy version of the XMESH as I found it to be faster. The issue I am having is that even with a simple flow where I am emitting and then sending the particles to a new target I am experiencing a crazy slowdown. Even after caching I cannot scrub the frames that have been previously cached. Sometimes it will cache and then recalculate several times but if I move a couple frames in the time slider back it will do it all over again. Is there a way for me to increase the cache performance? I have 128GB of RAM with a 32 Core Threadripper so I'm fairly confident the hardware is not the issue. 

However, I am working over a network, but it is certainly a quick one. Any ideas? Should I archive all of the data and go pure local?

Thanks!

Chris
You can open the profiler in the Utiliites menu to see what operators are the slowest, and you can enable "print sim reset info" in the debugging rollout to see which object/operator is triggering the reset.
(04-19-2020, 06:01 PM)tyFlow Wrote: You can open the profiler in the Utiliites menu to see what operators are the slowest, and you can enable "print sim reset info" in the debugging rollout to see which object/operator is triggering the reset.

Fantastic. Thanks for the help, I'll try it!