TyFlex
Hello Tyson, I would like to request the creation of the TyFlex modifier, it would be like Flex modifier, it doesn't even need the softbody features, but it could have a cache system, have all the parameters we use in the usual flex, to simulate movements side effects, simulate liquid surfaces, it could be used as a modifier directly on the particles as an option to choose a specific simulation group or event to be applied ... anyway, Max Flex is very useful for many things, but it is still heavy and it doesn't have an efficient cache system ... I believe it would be a great addition for secondary movements, jiggle, wobble without depending on the operator, anyway ...
(05-01-2020, 05:17 AM)ferabachini Wrote: Hello Tyson, I would like to request the creation of the TyFlex modifier, it would be like Flex modifier, it doesn't even need the softbody features, but it could have a cache system, have all the parameters we use in the usual flex, to simulate movements side effects, simulate liquid surfaces, it could be used as a modifier directly on the particles as an option to choose a specific simulation group or event to be applied ... anyway, Max Flex is very useful for many things, but it is still heavy and it doesn't have an efficient cache system ... I believe it would be a great addition for secondary movements, jiggle, wobble without depending on the operator, anyway ...

1+

3ds max lacks tools for secondary animation effects.
+1 Here Smile
+1!

I was about to ask how possible would be to have something like the Jiggle effector from C4D. It's basically a Flex effect to add delayed motion/deformation to meshes, particles, or basically anything. It's really handy!

Example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1gEouVhDdg

The whole effector/fields concept from C4D is amazing but I believe that's a totally new territory.

I feel really bad for asking to add something to tyFlow as it's already an incredibly amazing plugin, sorry for that Tyson Big Grin
It's a good idea to add a "tyflex" modifier. Good delay or repetition for object displacement, rotation, scaling and deformation animations. This modifier has a good data exchange for particles.
There was already a statement on tyFlow Facebook group from Tyson a while ago.

It is not ruled out that he will write a new edition of the Flex Modifier, but is currently not the top priority. There was a longer story arround it.

Also there is already some kind of a rewritten Flex modifier from Marius Silaghi, called Jiggle.
https://mariussilaghi.com/products/jiggle

And in 3dsmax the modifier system is intended to be used procedural in a stack wise way. So for caching there is the point cache modifier. Place it on top of flex and record it, then set it to prelaod and disable flex. Then you have a proper fast playback.

An alternativie is also to place a helper at a proper location with spring controller and link your geometry with a VolumeSelect Modifier in soft selection mode plus LinkedX-Form Modifer.