Spline Mesher on 90º corners.
Hi there

I'm using a lot the tySpline Mesher for modelling Is very useful, the curve parameters and other stuff make so easy to create polyHair in few clicks.

I found this while testing some things... Is it meant to happen? can be fixed some how? 
Thank You!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

tySplineMesher specifically *doesn't* do corner mitering, to avoid the exploding corner problem of the max's spline mesher...but the limitation is exactly what you're noticing Smile

Make a spline with an acute corner (maybe, 1-3 degrees) and watch as the sharp corner explodes in size....this is what I wanted to avoid. Maybe at some point I will add a mitering option though, for situations like yours where you want it.
(05-07-2020, 04:18 PM)tyFlow Wrote: tySplineMesher specifically *doesn't* do corner mitering, to avoid the exploding corner problem of the max's spline mesher...but the limitation is exactly what you're noticing Smile

Make a spline with an acute corner (maybe, 1-3 degrees) and watch as the sharp corner explodes in size....this is what I wanted to avoid. Maybe at some point I will add a mitering option though, for situations like yours where you want it.

Oh I see!
Yes I've been strugglin with the max renderable spline long spikes when doing that narrow angles, true.

I wish the fillet was a proper modifier for max too... could solve that kind of stuff parametrically... now the fillet is kinda strange to use...

Well thanks for the explanation.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)