Particle bind between two groups
Evening!

Is it possible to perform a bind between two particle groups, for example birth x particles to group 1 and x particles to group 2. When both groups are near to each other then bind. I just keep thinking of a rule based system and cant figure out how to do it in an event based system Smile

** I've got the groups sorted just cant sort the bind

Thanks!
Sure it should work, just make sure your proximity value is high enough for the binds to form Smile

Bindings by default do not respect event boundaries.
(04-05-2019, 11:37 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Sure it should work, just make sure your proximity value is high enough for the binds to form Smile

Bindings by default do not respect event boundaries.

Thanks Tyson, the problem is that all particles in the system will start to bind by proximity. I’m basically looking for when a particle from group one is 1cm from group two then bind. At the moment all particles from both groups just look to bind.

To put it into a working idea. Grains are scattered on the floor (group one). A cloth ball (group two) rolls along. As the two groups meet they bind together, essentially a sticky ball :p

Thanks for the help Smile
Oh sure, in that case just filter by group.

For example, assign a Particle Group operator to your cloth ball particles and set simulation group to '1'. Then in your bind operator settings, filter by group '1'. Now that operator will only bind particles to other particles in group '1'.
(04-06-2019, 07:15 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Oh sure, in that case just filter by group.

For example, assign a Particle Group operator to your cloth ball particles and set simulation group to '1'. Then in your bind operator settings, filter by group '1'. Now that operator will only bind particles to other particles in group '1'.

If I have two events, with the particles from each event set to a different Simulation Group (1 & 2), can I use a Particle Physics Operator to make Sim Group 1 affect Sim Group 2, but not the other way around?
Yes there are settings in the Particle Physics operator to do exactly that.

http://docs.tyflow.com/tyflow_particles/...nteraction